17 Nov 2018
Wine Tour - Wine Tour Bekaa - Bekaa Valley
“Penicillin cures, but wine makes people happy.” Alexander Fleming
Lebanon is one of the oldest sites of wine production in the world. In the Bekaa Valley, the majority of vines are grown. French influence on the country is apparent in the grape varieties most commonly planted: Cinsaut, Carignan, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Mourvedre, Grenache and Syrah.
... Lebanon is blessed with 300 days of sunshine a year, and enjoys a burgeoning industry producing award-winning wines for export throughout the world, mainly in the UK, Europe and the United States.
This wine tour will be really special and include something new to discover. Upon the request of many, our lunch will take place this time in Kefraya, where we will make a very interesting ecotourism tour and enjoy lunch BBQ in a charming and engaging location at the Chateau.
All in all, we will be visiting three wineries during our trip:
The first visit will be to Domaine des Tourelles. Winner of many international awards, it is the second oldest winery, founded by Francois-Eugène Brun in 1868. Nothing but a visit to its yellow stone and cedar wood cellars can begin to unravel the mystery of this age-old family estate.
The second stop will be in Kefraya. Kefraya first came to international prominence with its 'Parkerised' Cabernet/Syrah Comte de M 1996. Today, the winery produces nine wines, Kefraya’s vast gardens are a must see.
This time, our tour in Kefraya is going to have a different taste, with our concern to always provide you with novelty and make your trips even more exciting time after time. Our visit will include an ecotourism tour inside the domain. We will take the train and go to discover the Kefraya graperies and fields. Then, we will reach a natural cave, and see a few ruins. There, you will have the chance to enjoy mesmerizing landscapes and a view of the entire region. Afterwards, we will visit the winery, have a wine tour inside the Chateau and then of course, do the wine tasting.
After such a delightful experience in our prestigious wineries, it will be time for lunch, and we will enjoy it at Kefraya’s special restaurant. Lunch will be served with wine and soft drinks. (Very special BBQ)
The last stop will be in Clos St. Thomas. Clos St Thomas has won four gold and four silver medals at high profile international wine competitions. It is a family-run winery. You will visit it, learn about wine making and get to taste its exquisite wine.
On our way back, there will be a stop in Chtaura, to buy fresh dairy products.
WHERE: Bekaa Valley
WHEN: Saturday, November 17
MEETING PLACE: 7:30 AM in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. (See map on:
There will be a breakfast stop along the way.
PRICE: 120’000 LL per person including transport, guides, insurance and lunch. (Please get the exact change to facilitate the registration process).
WHAT TO GET: Light snacks that will boost up your energy such as dried fruits, water, cap, sunglasses and sunscreen. Wear comfortable shoes such as hiking shoes and always keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
- Children with the age of 10 and younger will have a discount of 25’000 LBP
- Children/ Teenagers between the age of 11 and 18 will have a discount of 20’000 LBP
- University students will have a discounts of 15’000 LBP provided that they present their university card
- Groups with 5 to 9 persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 5’000 LBP discount
- Groups with 10 or more persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 10’000 LBP discount
- Cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged half-price
- Reservations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged an extra 5’000 LBP
(e.g. Cancelling or booking for a Sunday’s event on Saturday will be subject to the above terms)
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
- Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
- Always follow the guide on the designated trail
- Do not go off road without notifying the guide
- Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
- Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
- Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS or WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.
- “Sports Experts” is the exclusive sports gear and outfit sponsor of Vamos Todos. Members will get a special discount at all “Sports Experts” branches in Lebanon
- “Antaki Group” is the exclusive “Fujifilm” cameras & devices sponsor of Vamos Todos.
- “LIA insurance” is the exclusive insurance company sponsor of Vamos Todos.
Reserve for this Event
Back to all the Events