30 Sep 2023
Hiking Trip - Kfarhouna Hike - Jezzine District
At the South of Jezzine area lies the town of Kfarhouna.
Kfarhouna is one of the southern towns in the Jezzine area, known for its splendid natural scenery. On this day, we will start the hike together in Kfarhouna on the grounds of St Georges monastery.
We will be divided into two levels:
LEVEL 3 will start at the monastery and hike up to half the mountain to view one of the oldest oak trees in Lebanon. Along the way, we will see numerous abandoned dilapidated old stone houses and come across a water well where we will be able to refresh ourselves. We will continue the hike to the monastery. We will then have a Lebanese lunch with the other group. The hike will be full of trees and green areas preserving its natural atmosphere.
LEVEL 6 will start at the monastery with level 3 and hike to the peak of the mountain “Towmet Jezzine” to admire the scenic view and catch a breath of fresh air. We will then go to the monastery and join the group for lunch. The uphill walk is not very hard, but needs good physical condition for this level.
After the hike, we will eat a delicious Lebanese homemade lunch all together.
South Lebanon Mountains
1200 m above sea level
78km from Beirut
WHEN: Saturday, September 30
MEETING PLACE: 7:30 AM in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. (See map on:
There will be a breakfast stop along the way.
PRICE: 45$ per person including transport, guides, insurance and lunch.
25$ without lunch
Kindly get the exact change.
You can register now at all branches of Antoine Library or on the following link:
WHAT TO GET: Light snacks that will boost up your energy such as dried fruits, water, cap, sunglasses and sunscreen. Wear comfortable shoes such as hiking shoes and always keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
- Children with the age of 10 and younger will have a discount of 5$.
- Children/ Teenagers between the age of 11 and 18 will have a discount of 4$.
- University students will have a discount of 3$ provided that they present their university card.
- Groups with 5 to 9 persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 2$ discount.
- Groups with 10 or more persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 3$ discount.
- Cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged half-price.
- Reservations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged an extra 2$.
(e.g. Cancelling or booking for a Sunday’s event on Saturday will be subject to the above terms).
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
- Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
- Always follow the guide on the designated trail
- Do not go off road without notifying the guide
- Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
- Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
- Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS or WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.
- “Sports Experts” is the exclusive sports gear and outfit sponsor of Vamos Todos. Members will get a special discount at all “Sports Experts” branches in Lebanon
- “LIA insurance” is the exclusive insurance company sponsor of Vamos Todos.
Reserve for this Event
Back to all the Events