05 Dec 2020
Hiking Trip - Jdaydet Ghazir - Ghineh - Ghineh
Our journey this time is in Ftouh Keserwan, one of the richest regions of Lebanon, specifically to Jdaydet Ghazir and Al Ghineh.
We will start our day with some delicious Manakish in Jdaydet Ghazir and then start our hike.
Jdaydet Ghazir, with Ghazir referring back to the Syriac language meaning the “disconnected place” or “the peaceful place”, is a very traditional town located at a very close distance from the sea. It includes many old houses, trails, streets, factories and monasteries that reflect a nostalgic feeling of the Lebanese ancient architecture.
Al Ghineh, is a typical Lebanese village standing on the shoulders of Ftouh Keserwan and includes many historical spots as well as beautiful natural landscapes. It includes two of the most important historical spots of Keserwan area: “Adonis Rock” and “The Roman Temple” remains.
Our hike is divided in 2 levels as follows:
Level 6 (hard level) will start from Deir Mar Aabda in Jdaydet Ghazir, a beautiful monastery dating back to more than 800 years. From there we will take the roman stairs, who was well preserved by the municipality of the village, until we reach Ghineh village.
Level 3 (easy level) will meet the harder level in Ghineh where we will visit the rock of Adonis and Astarte, and share the inspirational story of the old Gods. We will head after it to the “Kfour Hill” where a panoramic view can be seen from Beirut to North Lebanon.
We will finally take a downhill path leading to Kfour village where the hike will end next to Darb al O’youn.
Once done, you will have the chance to buy some food for lunch in a nearby restaurant or you can bring your own lunch.
WHERE: Jdaydet Ghazir – Ghineh
30km from Beirut,
600m to 900m above sea level
WHEN: Saturday, December 05
MEETING PLACE: 7:15 AM in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. (See map on:
There will be a breakfast stop along the way.
PRICE: 70’000 LL per person including transport, guides and insurance.
Kindly get the exact change to avoid transmitting germs.
Looking forward to see you! Until then stay safe.
DO NOT FORGET TO:
• Get your own light snack that will boost your stamina and keep you energetic.
• Equip yourself with your own water bottles a cap and sunscreen.
• Distancing from each other is a must, offering or sharing snacks are not encouraged. Keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
WHAT TO GET: Medical face masks, Handgel, lunch, light snacks that will boost up your energy such as dried fruits, water, cap, sunglasses and sunscreen. Wear comfortable shoes such as hiking shoes and always keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
- Children with the age of 10 and younger will have a discount of 20’000 LBP
- Children/ Teenagers between the age of 11 and 18 will have a discount of 15’000 LBP
- University students will have a discount of 10’000 LBP provided that they present their university card
- Groups with 5 to 9 persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 5’000 LBP discount
- Groups with 10 or more persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 10’000 LBP discount
- Cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged half-price
- Reservations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged an extra 5’000 LBP
(e.g. Cancelling or booking for a Sunday’s event on Saturday will be subject to the above terms)
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
- Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
- Always follow the guide on the designated trail
- Do not go off road without notifying the guide
- Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
- Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
- Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS or WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.
- “Sports Experts” is the exclusive sports gear and outfit sponsor of Vamos Todos. Members will get a special discount at all “Sports Experts” branches in Lebanon
- “LIA insurance” is the exclusive insurance company sponsor of Vamos Todos.
Reserve for this Event
Back to all the Events