14 Oct 2018
Hiking Trip - Yaroun Maroun El Ras - Bent Jbeil District
We are heading to the borders on a trail fully prepared and coordinated by Vamos Todos.
Our journey will evolve around the beautiful southern village of Yaroun, where churches and mosques stand side to side reflecting the cultural diversity of its locals.
Yaroun is highly rich in archeological and historical sites as well as new trails carefully prepared with the coordination of the security forces and municipality officials.
Our hike will be divided into two levels.
Level 6 – will be a moderate + level starting from the frontiers overlooking the Bent Jbeil and its surrounding villages from the Lebanese side. We will then take the trail leading to Yaroun, where we will visit an ancient Turkish mosque as well as other historical landmarks of the village.
Level 3 – will be an easier and shorter hike leading also to Yaroun. We will have more time for breaks and pictures.
Our hike will be complemented by a traditional lunch prepared by our local guide’s family in an authentic way. You will have the chance to experience southern dishes that cannot be tasted elsewhere. You can also purchase some local delicacies and “mouneh”.
On our way back, we will stop by Maroun el Ras, a small village that became famous in the latest war of 2006, when all its local stood hand in hand and aggressively fought the enemy. The village got totally destroyed along with Bent Jbeil and was rebuilt in 2007.
WHERE: South, Yaroun Maroun el Ras.
900m above sea level
100 km from Beirut
WHEN: Sunday, Oct 14
MEETING PLACE: 7:30 AM in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. (See map on: https://www.vamos-todos.com/Pages/ParkingMap.aspx).
There will be a breakfast stop along the way.
PRICE: 90’000 LL per person including transport, guides, insurance and lunch. (Please get the exact change to facilitate the registration process).
WHAT TO GET: Light snacks that will boost up your energy such as dried fruits, water, cap, sunglasses and sunscreen. Wear comfortable shoes such as hiking shoes and always keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
NB. Foreigners and people not carrying a Lebanese ID need to register at least 7 days in advance for the event, and provide us with a copy of their passport. Lebanese people should carry their Lebanese ID.
- Children with the age of 10 and younger will have a discount of 25’000 LBP
- Children/ Teenagers between the age of 11 and 18 will have a discount of 20’000 LBP
- University students will have a discounts of 15’000 LBP provided that they present their university card
- Groups with 5 to 9 persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 5’000 LBP discount
- Groups with 10 or more persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 10’000 LBP discount
- Cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged half-price
- Reservations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged an extra 5’000 LBP
(e.g. Cancelling or booking for a Sunday’s event on Saturday will be subject to the above terms)
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
- Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
- Always follow the guide on the designated trail
- Do not go off road without notifying the guide
- Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
- Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
- Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS or WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.
- “Sports Experts” is the exclusive sports gear and outfit sponsor of Vamos Todos. Members will get a special discount at all “Sports Experts” branches in Lebanon
- “Antaki Group” is the exclusive “Fujifilm” cameras & devices sponsor of Vamos Todos.
- “LIA insurance” is the exclusive insurance company sponsor of Vamos Todos.
Reserve for this Event