17 Feb 2024
Hiking - Hardine - Hardine Batroun
Situated in the middle part of Batroun Casa - North Lebanon, Hardine is a quiet and peaceful village, still maintaining its typical Lebanese architecture with old houses and red roofs. Lying in the middle of a valley, Hardine counts 36 churches and convents, and is the village where Saint Naamtallah El Hardini was born.
An old roman temple is still remaining on the upper hill of Hardine, from where you can see from the west side the Mediterranean sea and from the east side the famous cedar forest of Tannourine.
The «rocky tile of Hardine» is a must to see. It has many marine fossils and is sloped to the west. It has a unique length of 350m and a width of nearly 100m.
It is important to note that eleven of Hardine's finest young men drowned in the tragedy of Titanic in 1912.
Our hike will be divided into two levels:
LEVEL 3: An easy hike, inside the village’s old trails and roads where we will be visiting the old churches and the house where the Saint was born. The hike is full of trees and green areas preserving its natural atmosphere.
LEVEL 6: It is a moderate hike; that will start with a 2 hours uphill walk, until we reach the roman temple. The uphill walk is not very hard, but it needs good physical condition. After reaching the roman temple, we will have a rest, where you can catch back your breath and take beautiful photos of the region.
The hike downhill will start after the visit of the roman temple. On our way, we will visit a very old convent that is hidden between the trees.
Both levels will meet at the end of the hike, before going back to Beirut.
In the north, in Batroun district
1100 m above sea level
90 km from Beirut
WHEN: Saturday, February 17
MEETING PLACE: 8:30 AM in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. (See map on:
There will be a breakfast stop along the way.
PRICE: 30$ per person including transport, guides and insurance.
Kindly get the exact change.
You can register now at all branches of Antoine Library or on the following link:
Looking forward to see you!
WHAT TO GET: Lunch, light snacks that will boost up your energy such as dried fruits, water, cap, sunglasses and sunscreen. Wear comfortable shoes such as hiking shoes and always keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
- Children with the age of 10 and younger will have a discount of 4$.
- Children/ Teenagers between the age of 11 and 18 will have a discount of 3$.
- University students will have a discount of 2$ provided that they present their university card.
- Groups with 5 to 9 persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 2$ discount.
- Groups with 10 or more persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 3$ discount.
- Cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged half-price
- Reservations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged an extra 2$.
(e.g. Cancelling or booking for a Sunday’s event on Saturday will be subject to the above terms)
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
- Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
- Always follow the guide on the designated trail
- Do not go off road without notifying the guide
- Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
- Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
- Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS or WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.
- “Sports Experts” is the exclusive sports gear and outfit sponsor of Vamos Todos. Members will get a special discount at all “Sports Experts” branches in Lebanon
- “LIA insurance” is the exclusive insurance company sponsor of Vamos Todos.
Reserve for this Event
Back to all the Events