18 Aug 2019
Hiking Trip - Arz to Bekaa Kafra & Tannourine - Becharreh District
Arz Bcharre is one of the most beautiful places in Lebanon. It was nominated, along with the cave of Jeita, to become one of the Seven Wonders of the World. This Sunday, we will start our hike in Arz Bcharre. We will make a tour in the reserve, contemplating a real Lebanese treasure.
Then the group will be divided into level 6+ and level 3.
LEVEL 6+ (23 km): will walk to Arz Tannourine. The path is not too steep. It will end at the entrance of Arz Tannourine. You must be well prepared for long distances. Lunch will be somewhere along the way. It is an exceptional hike, worth all the effort needed. There will be stops for rest, so don’t worry.
LEVEL 3: will take the path leading to Bekaa Kafra, the home town of Mar Charbel. Unesco classified it as a typical traditional Lebanese village. It is a must to see. You will visit Mar Charbel’s house, the cave where he used to pray, and many landmarks of the village. Lunch will be somewhere along the way from Arz Bcharre to Bekaa Kafra.
WHERE: Arz Bcharre – Bekaa Kafra – Arz Tannourine
100 km from Beirut
2000 m above sea level
WHEN: Sunday, August 18
MEETING PLACE: 7:30 AM in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. (See map on:
There will be a breakfast stop along the way.
PRICE: 60’000 LL per person including transport, guides, reserve and insurance. (Please get the exact change to facilitate the registration process).
WHAT TO GET: Lunch, light snacks that will boost up your energy such as dried fruits, water, cap, sunglasses and sunscreen. Wear comfortable shoes such as hiking shoes and always keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
- Children with the age of 10 and younger will have a discount of 20’000 LBP
- Children/ Teenagers between the age of 11 and 18 will have a discount of 15’000 LBP
- University students will have a discounts of 10’000 LBP provided that they present their university card
- Groups with 5 to 9 persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 5’000 LBP discount
- Groups with 10 or more persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 10’000 LBP discount
- Cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged half-price
- Reservations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged an extra 5’000 LBP
(e.g. Cancelling or booking for a Sunday’s event on Saturday will be subject to the above terms)
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
- Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
- Always follow the guide on the designated trail
- Do not go off road without notifying the guide
- Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
- Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
- Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS or WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.
- “Sports Experts” is the exclusive sports gear and outfit sponsor of Vamos Todos. Members will get a special discount at all “Sports Experts” branches in Lebanon
- “Antaki Group” is the exclusive “Fujifilm” cameras & devices sponsor of Vamos Todos.
- “LIA insurance” is the exclusive insurance company sponsor of Vamos Todos.
Reserve for this Event
Back to all the Events