12 Jan 2019
Hiking - Raachine - Chahtoul - Ftouh Keserwan
It is the right time of the year to hike in Ftouh Keserwan region. It is a beautiful walk, at only 35 kilometers from Beirut. From there, we will have a magnificent view of the whole region and enjoy the mesmerizing Lebanese landscape.
The hike will be divided into two levels:
LEVEL 6 (12 km) will start from Raachine and head to Mar Doumit, a herit0age monastery surrounded by huge oak trees. From there you will go to ‘Ghabet el Chahid’, which is a cedar forest dedicated to the martyrs of war.
The trail will take you to Tabrieh village rich in ruins and great views. Then you will pass through a village called Chahtoul. The hike will end at the church of Saydet el Qalaa, where a miracle took place at the end of World War I.
LEVEL 3 (6 km) will start from ‘Ghabet el Chahid’ and follow the same track as level 6.
After the hike, we will head to Ghineh village, which lies in the foothills above Jounieh.
This village is interesting for the old Roman ruins and Byzantine remains it contains, at a place known as "Keb'al el-Hosain”. A well-marked stepped path that descends from the village will lead us to the ruins of a Roman temple that in the 5th century was made into a church with a mosaic floor.
Nearby are rock-cut tombs with funerary reliefs above the entrances. One of the scenes is a Roman funerary rock carving, representing a wild animal attacking a hunter. Local tradition says this is a representation of Phoenicia's god, Adonis, being killed by a wild boar.
WHERE: Raachine – Saydet El Qalaa
1300m. above sea level
35km form Beirut
WHEN: Saturday, Jan 12
MEETING PLACE: 7:30 AM in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. (See map on: https://www.vamos-todos.com/Pages/ParkingMap.aspx)
There will be a breakfast stop along the way.
PRICE: 55,000 LL per person including transport, guides and insurance. (Please get the exact change to facilitate the registration process).
WHAT TO GET: Lunch, light snacks that will boost up your energy such as dried fruits, water, cap, sunglasses and sunscreen. Wear comfortable shoes such as hiking shoes and always keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
- Children with the age of 10 and younger will have a discount of 20’000 LBP
- Children/ Teenagers between the age of 11 and 18 will have a discount of 15’000 LBP
- University students will have a discounts of 10’000 LBP provided that they present their university card
- Groups with 5 to 9 persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 5’000 LBP discount
- Groups with 10 or more persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 10’000 LBP discount
- Cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged half-price
- Reservations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged an extra 5’000 LBP
(e.g. Cancelling or booking for a Sunday’s event on Saturday will be subject to the above terms)
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
- Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
- Always follow the guide on the designated trail
- Do not go off road without notifying the guide
- Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
- Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
- Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS or WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.
- “Sports Experts” is the exclusive sports gear and outfit sponsor of Vamos Todos. Members will get a special discount at all “Sports Experts” branches in Lebanon
- “Antaki Group” is the exclusive “Fujifilm” cameras & devices sponsor of Vamos Todos.
- “LIA insurance” is the exclusive insurance company sponsor of Vamos Todos.
Reserve for this Event
Back to all the Events