12 Jul 2020
Sunset Hike - Khenchara Sunset - Metn District
This time we will watch the sunset from a special village in the Metn, Khenchara!
Vamos Todos, is organizing an extremely diversified event in Metn area, specifically in Khenchara Al-Jwar village.
The project is an eco-tourism project consisting of four trails that enable visitors to explore the culture and heritage of Khenchara Al-Jwar village rich in springs, small museums, wineries and churches.
We have chosen Khenchara for it is one of the most amazing, diversified villages of Metn. This event will be a combination of hiking, cultural and historical visits and wine tasting.
Our hike will start from “Moukarzel Hotel” one of the oldest hotel of the area where beautiful panoramic scenery can be seen from Mount Sannine, Jabal el Kneise to Beirut. We will then head among pine trees. We will continue until we reach the main water spring of the village “Ain el Smaydiyye”.
We will continue all together and pass by another water spring called “Beit Ayal” until we reach a grape molasses press located next to an old unknown historical tomb.
We will then reach “Sheer el Habes” or the “Prison Cliff” where it is believed that the Othoman Empire used to imprison hostages.
We will all head to the piazza of the village to taste and buy some “Qurban” the specialty sweet bread of the village.
By reaching the historical monastery of St Jean, we would have made around 7 km. We will visit its very old underground churches. Then we will watch a special sunset while tasting the exquisite wine of “Couvent St. Jean”.
30 km from Beirut
900 m above sea level
WHEN: Sunday, July 12
MEETING PLACE: 2:30 PM in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. (See map on:
PRICE: 75 000 LL per person, including, transport, guides, wine tasting, museum entrance & insurance.
Kindly get the exact change to avoid transmitting germs.
Looking forward to see you! Until then stay safe.
DO NOT FORGET TO:
• Get your own light snack that will boost your stamina and keep you energetic.
• Equip yourself with your own water bottles a cap and sunscreen.
• Remember to register as soon as possible to book your space. We can’t exceed a group of 15 to 20 persons maximum.
• Distancing from each other is a must, offering or sharing snacks are not encouraged. Keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
WHAT TO GET: Medical face masks, Handgel, lunch, light snacks that will boost up your energy such as dried fruits, water, cap, sunglasses and sunscreen. Wear comfortable shoes such as hiking shoes and always keep a windproof jacket in your backpack. Get a light jacket since it gets cold during the last hours of the day and at night. Don’t forget to get a flashlight.
- Children with the age of 10 and younger will have a discount of 20’000 LBP
- Children/ Teenagers between the age of 11 and 18 will have a discount of 15’000 LBP
- University students will have a discount of 10’000 LBP provided that they present their university card
- Groups with 5 to 9 persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 5’000 LBP discount
- Groups with 10 or more persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 10’000 LBP discount
- Cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged half-price
- Reservations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged an extra 5’000 LBP
(e.g. Cancelling or booking for a Sunday’s event on Saturday will be subject to the above terms)
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
- Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
- Always follow the guide on the designated trail
- Do not go off road without notifying the guide
- Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
- Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
- Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS or WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.
- “Sports Experts” is the exclusive sports gear and outfit sponsor of Vamos Todos. Members will get a special discount at all “Sports Experts” branches in Lebanon.
- “LIA insurance” is the exclusive insurance company sponsor of Vamos Todos.
Reserve for this Event
Back to all the Events