15 Feb 2020
Wine Tour - Wine Tour in Batroun - Batroun District
We are heading this time to the beautiful region of Batroun to discover the exquisite wine it has to offer!
During this special tour, we will visit 3 wineries: Ixsir, Adyar and Aurora wineries.
We will start our tour in Ixsir, one of only two Lebanese producers present at Bordeaux's famous "La Semaine des Primeurs", an event hosted exclusively for the evaluation and tasting of French and international wines. Ixsir was awarded the "Revelation of the Public" for its 2009 Grande Reserve White and the Media and Press award for its 2009 White. On May 11, 2010, IXSIR joined the Union Vinicole du Liban (UVL) and participated in a wine tasting event held in Paris for international wine experts and professionals
Then we will go to the monastery of KFIFAN, where you can visit Saint Neemtallah el Hardini and the beatified monk, Estephan Nehmeh.
Afterwards, you will see the winery of ADYAR, located in the monastery of Kfifan. Adyar was established in 2003, cultivating vineyards in Batroun, Metn and Chouf, and producing unique wines. The vineyards are not exposed to any chemical fertilizers or pesticides, thus giving us high quality organic wines. Adyar produces white, rose and red wines. You will get the chance to taste them during your visit.
Once done, we will head to Aurora Winery, a boutique winery located in the norther village of Rachkidde which since its establishment in the early 2000s the family has been growing and harvesting its own vines from its 2.5 hectar land. The winery stands at an altitude of 850m, surrounded by hills of olive and pine trees, and overlooking the walnut river and the Mediterranean Sea. As a family winery, the Gearas have been growing vines for generations, but only until 2004, did they begin this wine journey.
Our tour will end with a well-deserved traditional lunch in one of the best family managed restaurants in Chobtine village.
WHERE: Batroun District,
45 km from Beirut,
700 m above sea level
WHEN: Saturday, February 15
MEETING PLACE: 7:30 AM in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. (See map on:
There will be a breakfast stop along the way.
PRICE: 100’000 LL per person including transport, guides, insurance and lunch. (Please get the exact change to facilitate the registration process).
WHAT TO GET: Light snacks that will boost up your energy such as dried fruits, water, cap, sunglasses and sunscreen. Wear comfortable shoes such as hiking shoes and always keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
- Children with the age of 10 and younger will have a discount of 25’000 LBP
- Children/ Teenagers between the age of 11 and 18 will have a discount of 20’000 LBP
- University students will have a discounts of 15’000 LBP provided that they present their university card
- Groups with 5 to 9 persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 5’000 LBP discount
- Groups with 10 or more persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 10’000 LBP discount
- Cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged half-price
- Reservations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged an extra 5’000 LBP
(e.g. Cancelling or booking for a Sunday’s event on Saturday will be subject to the above terms)
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
- Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
- Always follow the guide on the designated trail
- Do not go off road without notifying the guide
- Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
- Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
- Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS or WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.
- “Sports Experts” is the exclusive sports gear and outfit sponsor of Vamos Todos. Members will get a special discount at all “Sports Experts” branches in Lebanon.
- “LIA insurance” is the exclusive insurance company sponsor of Vamos Todos.
Reserve for this Event
Back to all the Events