07 Aug 2020
Hiking & Weekend - Jurd El Hermel Week-End - Hermel District
This time we are heading to a wonderful new place that very little people know. It is, by far, one of the most beautiful areas in Lebanon! We are heading to Jurd al Hermel!
Our target is an amazing eco-friendly campsite located in “Al Jurd” reserve, a trilateral junction of Akkar, Hermel and Donniyeh districts.
This campsite is managed by Mr. Hussein Allaw, a loyal friend of Vamos Todos and a role model of eco-tourism in the area of Hermel. He is making a beautiful work in maintaining the site in a good condition while maintaining the ecosystem of the surrounding area.
The site, including fully equipped tents entirely built with natural resources such as juniper wood, stones and other, is among the best in Lebanon. Tents include toilets and shower rooms.
Overall, it is an amazing camping experience where you can get a comfort natural setting
We will leave the parking at 1:00 pm heading to al Hermel. Once we arrive to the Jurd part, we will segregate into our tents and settle down while enjoying the surrounding.
We will then have a traditional homemade dinner prepared by locals.
After dinner, we will sit all together for a wonderful stargazing experience where millions of stars will light up the sky.
Should you have any instrument that you master, please bring it with you to add some art to this unforgettable night.
Please note that this event fits all age ranges from families, to teenagers and adults.
For those who wish, we will wake up very early for a sunrise hike to witness the sun rising behind the exceptional hills of Hermel.
The sunrise hike will be a Level 6 hard hike, starting on a steep track down to Wadi Jhannam where wonderful scenery can be seen as well as a huge natural variety. We will then reach an amazing cedar forest called “Al Qelle Forest”. After witnessing this amazing hidden gem, we will take a steep uphill trail that will lead us back to the campsite. Once we reach the site, we will enjoy a well-deserved homemade breakfast
Another option would be a Level 4 hike that will start at 10am after breakfast for those who do not wish to wake up early for the sunrise hike
It will be a moderate hike heading to see the beautiful plain of Marjhin. We will witness a beautiful view of the area while the sun lights the plain. We will then head through an abundance of juniper trees to reach the campsite from al Hermel side
After the hike, we will all meet in the campsite for a delicious traditional lunch before going back to Beirut
WHERE: Al Jurd
180 km from Beirut
2500 m above sea level
WHEN: Friday, August 07 & Saturday, August 08 /last day for reservation is Tuesday August 04th.
MEETING PLACE: 1:00PM on Friday in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. (See map on:
- For weekend 230 000 LL per person including transport, guides, insurance, accommodation & three meals.
Kindly get the exact change to avoid transmitting germs.
Looking forward to see you! Until then stay safe.
DO NOT FORGET TO:
• Get your own light snack that will boost your stamina and keep you energetic.
• Equip yourself with your own water bottles a cap and sunscreen.
• Distancing from each other is a must, offering or sharing snacks are not encouraged. Keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
WHAT TO GET: Medical face masks, Handgel, usual overnight stuff, light snacks that will boost up your energy such as dried fruits, water, cap, sunglasses and sunscreen. Wear comfortable shoes such as hiking shoes and always keep a windproof jacket in your backpack
- Children with the age of 10 and younger will have a discount of 45’000 LBP
- Children/ Teenagers between the age of 11 and 18 will have a discount of 30’000 LBP
- University students will have a discounts of 30’000 LBP provided that they present their university card
- Groups with 5 to 9 persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 5’000 LBP discount
- Groups with 10 or more persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 10’000 LBP discount
- Cancellation within 3 days’ notice or less will be charged half-price
- Reservations within 3 days’ notice or less will be charge and extra 10$
(eg. Cancelling or booking for a weekend’s event on Wednesday, Thursday or Friday will be subject to the above terms
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
- Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
- Always follow the guide on the designated trail
- Do not go off road without notifying the guide
- Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
- Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
- Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS or WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join. Deadline for reservation is 17 of September.
- “Sports Experts” is the exclusive sports gear and outfit sponsor of Vamos Todos. Members will get a special discount at all “Sports Experts” branches in Lebanon
- “LIA insurance” is the exclusive insurance company sponsor of Vamos Todos.
Reserve for this Event
Back to all the Events