17 Nov 2018
Hiking Trip - Arz Ain Zhalta Hike - Chouf District
“The righteous shall flourish like the palm tree: he shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon.”
The largest of Lebanon nature reserves, Al-Chouf Cedar Nature Reserve stretches from Dahr Al-Baidar in the north to Niha Mountain in the south. The reserve's most famous attractions are its three magnificent cedar forests of Maasser Al-Shouf , Barouk and Ain Zhalta - Bmahray . These Cedar forests account for a quarter of the remaining cedar forest in Lebanon.
Our hike this Sunday will be in this beautiful Cedar reserve, in the section of Ain Zhalta.
The hike will be divided into two levels:
LEVEL 4 will start from the entrance of the reserve. You will have a short uphill stretch until you arrive to the cedar trees. You will see half of the forest, where views are really spectacular. Then the other groups will join you for lunch under the trees. The hike is about 8 km long, with an uphill from 1250m to 1650m
LEVEL 6+ will start from Bmahray. You will walk uphill until you reach the top of Ain Zhalta Cedar Reserve. You will be able to see the Bekaa Valley and Qaraoun Lake. The views from the top are out of this world, and you will surely find that it was worth every effort you put to get there! Then you will meet the other group further down to have lunch together in the shade of the great cedars. The hike is 13 km long with an uphill from 1250m to 2000m.
WHERE: Ain Zhalta
1250m to 2000m above sea level
45 km from Beirut
WHEN: Saturday, Nov 17
MEETING PLACE: 7:30 AM in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. (See map on: https://www.vamos-todos.com/Pages/ParkingMap.aspx)
There will be a breakfast stop along the way.
PRICE: 60,000 LL per person including transport, guides and insurance. (Please get the exact change to facilitate the registration process).
WHAT TO GET: Lunch, light snacks that will boost up your energy such as dried fruits, water, cap, sunglasses and sunscreen. Wear comfortable shoes such as hiking shoes and always keep a windproof jacket in your backpack
- Children with the age of 10 and younger will have a discount of 20’000 LBP
- Children/ Teenagers between the age of 11 and 18 will have a discount of 15’000 LBP
- University students will have a discounts of 10’000 LBP provided that they present their university card
- Groups with 5 to 9 persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 5’000 LBP discount
- Groups with 10 or more persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 10’000 LBP discount
- Cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged half-price
- Reservations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged an extra 5’000 LBP
(e.g. Cancelling or booking for a Sunday’s event on Saturday will be subject to the above terms)
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
- Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
- Always follow the guide on the designated trail
- Do not go off road without notifying the guide
- Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
- Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
- Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS or WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.
- “Sports Experts” is the exclusive sports gear and outfit sponsor of Vamos Todos. Members will get a special discount at all “Sports Experts” branches in Lebanon
- “Antaki Group” is the exclusive “Fujifilm” cameras & devices sponsor of Vamos Todos.
- “LIA insurance” is the exclusive insurance company sponsor of Vamos Todos.
Reserve for this Event