31 Oct 2020
Hiking Trip - Ammouaa Fnaydik - Akkar District
To better understand the reason behind the name, try to imagine yourself in the middle of funnel shaped landscapes surrounded by a huge variety of trees. This is where we will be heading this time, Ammoua.
Located in the heart of Akkar, Ammoua includes multiple water sources sufficient to irrigate most of the surrounding villages in the area
Ammoua is also known for comprising more than 40 kinds of trees, out of which the rare fir trees. It is there where you can find the sole fir or iron oak forest in Lebanon where some trees reach 30 meters high.
To make sure that all participants have the privilege to experience this natural wonder, we have divided our hike into 3 levels:
Level 2 - Easy and flat, limited to the Ammoua plain
Level 4 - will be a bit longer on a moderate pace, with some ascents and descents.
Both levels 2 and 4 will have enough time to contemplate the beautiful scenery, rest and take pictures
Level 6 - will be longer and quite tough with long and steep ascents. Once we reach the top, we will be rewarded by splendid views overlooking the beautiful cities and villages of Akkar area. If the weather is clear, you will be able to see Homs district in Syria.
All levels will meet for a healthy homemade traditional lunch prepared by the locals including Akkar specialties. It will be served in a picnic setting inside the unique iron oak forest.
Arriving there might take us some more time than usual, but it is definitely worth it. It is one of the hidden wonders of our beloved country and worth every effort to see it.
150 km from Beirut
1750 m above sea level
WHEN: Saturday, October 31
MEETING PLACE: 7:30 AM in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. (See map on:
There will be a breakfast stop along the way.
PRICE: 110,000 LL per person including transport, reserve, guides, insurance and lunch.
70,000 LL without lunch (Please get the exact change to facilitate the registration process).
WHAT TO GET: Medical face masks, Handgel, lunch, light snacks that will boost up your energy such as dried fruits, water, cap, sunglasses and sunscreen. Wear comfortable shoes such as hiking shoes and always keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
DO NOT FORGET TO:
• Get your own light snack that will boost your stamina and keep you energetic.
• Equip yourself with your own water bottles a cap and sunscreen.
• Distancing from each other is a must, offering or sharing snacks are not encouraged. Keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
- Children with the age of 10 and younger will have a discount of 25’000 LBP
- Children/ Teenagers between the age of 11 and 18 will have a discount of 20’000 LBP
- University students will have a discounts of 15’000 LBP provided that they present their university card
- Groups with 5 to 9 persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 5’000 LBP discount
- Groups with 10 or more persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 10’000 LBP discount
- Cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged half-price
- Reservations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged an extra 5’000 LBP
(e.g. Cancelling or booking for a Sunday’s event on Saturday will be subject to the above terms)
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
- Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
- Always follow the guide on the designated trail
- Do not go off road without notifying the guide
- Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
- Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
- Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS or WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.
- “Sports Experts” is the exclusive sports gear and outfit sponsor of Vamos Todos. Members will get a special discount at all “Sports Experts” branches in Lebanon.
- “LIA insurance” is the exclusive insurance company sponsor of Vamos Todos.
Reserve for this Event
Back to all the Events