23 Feb 2020
Hiking Trip - Jdeidet Marjeyoun - Marjeyoun District
We will enjoy hiking a new trail together in Jdeidet Marjeyoun, with special thanks to our member Ziad Bayoud from Marjeyoun for his valuable cooperation.
Jdeidet Marjeyoun is the center town of the large Marjeyoun caza in Southern Lebanon. It owes its name to the numerous water springs forming small rivers, which made the surrounding plain very fertile. It has a wide variety of trees and is famous for its beautiful and untouched landscape along with its mild climate.
The town is in fact located at a hill facing the majestic Mount Hermon to the East, Beaufort Castle (Qalaat el Shkif), the 1000-year old Crusader Castle above the Litani River and overlooking Mount Amel (Jabal Aamel) to the West, Mount Lebanon range to the North and Marjeyoun plains that extend southward into the Galilee plains and the Golan Heights.
In our hike, there will be 2 levels; A hard Level 6 (13 km) and easy level 3 (8 km).
We will start all together from the center square, where we will see the old church of St. Georges, the old souk and the architectural beauty of the old houses. Then we continue to see the agricultural lands and a wonderful view overlooking Al Khiam town, the borderlands and occupied lands.
Through our hike to Mtol, we visit the chapel of St. Anne (mother of the Virgin Mary). Its elevated position allows to see the Golan Heights and occupied Palestine, as well as to have a panoramic view of Marjeyoun.
For the level 3, the hike finishes here where the bus will be waiting to take the group to Mar Elias el-Hay Monastery which offers new beautiful views from the side of Beaufort Castle (Qalaat el Shkif) and the Litani river. The group will then visit nearby sites in the city and have coffee there.
Level 6 group will continue hiking to arrive to Mar Elias el-Hay Monastery.
Once there, we will enjoy all together a homemade lunch of organic food all together, prepared by the locals.
After lunch, there is an option to walk 3 more easy kilometers or stay there, extend the lunch time and relax.
Before going back to Beirut, we will pass by the border region, seeing Kfar Kila, Bouwebet Fatme and Aadayseh.
WHERE: Jdeidet Marjeyoun
South Lebanon, Marjeyoun district
750 m above sea level
95 km from Beirut
WHEN: Sunday, February 23
MEETING PLACE: 7:30 AM in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. (See map on:
There will be a breakfast stop along the way.
PRICE: 90,000 LL per person including transport, guides, insurance and lunch.
60,000 LL without lunch (Please get the exact change to facilitate the registration process).
WHAT TO GET: Light snacks that will boost up your energy such as dried fruits, water, cap, sunglasses and sunscreen. Wear comfortable shoes such as hiking shoes and always keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
NB. Foreigners and people not carrying a Lebanese ID need to register at least 7 days in advance for the event, and provide us with a copy of their passport. Lebanese people should carry their Lebanese ID.
- Children with the age of 10 and younger will have a discount of 25’000 LBP
- Children/ Teenagers between the age of 11 and 18 will have a discount of 20’000 LBP
- University students will have a discount of 15’000 LBP provided that they present their university card
- Groups with 5 to 9 persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 5’000 LBP discount
- Groups with 10 or more persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 10’000 LBP discount
- Cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged half-price
- Reservations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged an extra 5’000 LBP
(e.g. Cancelling or booking for a Sunday’s event on Saturday will be subject to the above terms)
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
- Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
- Always follow the guide on the designated trail
- Do not go off road without notifying the guide
- Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
- Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
- Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS or WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.
- “Sports Experts” is the exclusive sports gear and outfit sponsor of Vamos Todos. Members will get a special discount at all “Sports Experts” branches in Lebanon.
- “LIA insurance” is the exclusive insurance company sponsor of Vamos Todos.
Reserve for this Event
Back to all the Events