01 Oct 2023
Hiking Trip - Ehmej to Arz Jaj - Jbeil District
Arz Jaj: Exploring Ancient Cedars
Arz Jaj, home to some of the oldest cedar trees, preserves remnants of the once-vast cedar forest that adorned the mountains. Centuries ago, the groves of Jaj bore witness to the early felling of cedar trees, as their valuable wood was harvested for export to Egypt and later to Jerusalem.
Today, resilient survivors from this forest still grace the peaks above the town of Jaj. Their distinctive characteristics make them easily identifiable: dark green, rounded in shape, and towering above the smaller pines at lower altitudes. These cedar trees thrive on seemingly barren rocks in groups of two or three.
Our hike will encompass two levels: LEVEL 3 and LEVEL 6. Commencing from Ehmej, both levels will traverse together to the village of Saqi Rechmaya, offering an accessible route. From there, the groups will diverge.
LEVEL 6 will ascend towards Arz Jaj, navigating uphill through forests and ancient trees, all while enjoying breathtaking vistas.
LEVEL 3 will take a bus to Arz Jaj, immersing in the midst of these trees in a picturesque setting, perfect for capturing memories.
The two levels will reconvene for a delectable homemade lunch at a charming new guesthouse in Jaj, close to the Cedar Reserve.
On our return journey, we will pay a visit to the birthplace of Blessed Brother Estephan Nehme in Lehfed. Beatified on June 27, 2010, Brother Estephan's upbringing place will serve as a poignant final stop, offering a glimpse into his life.
WHERE: Ehmej – Arz Jaj
60 km from Beirut
1450 m above sea level
WHEN: Sunday, October 01
MEETING PLACE: 7:30 AM in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. (See map on:
There will be a breakfast stop along the way.
PRICE: 45$ per person including transport, guides, insurance, reserve entrance and lunch.
30$ without lunch
Kindly get the exact change.
You can register now at all branches of Antoine Library or on the following link:
WHAT TO GET: Light snacks that will boost up your energy such as dried fruits, water, cap, sunglasses and sunscreen. Wear comfortable shoes such as hiking shoes and always keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
- Children with the age of 10 and younger will have a discount of 5$.
- Children/ Teenagers between the age of 11 and 18 will have a discount of 4$.
- University students will have a discount of 3$ provided that they present their university card.
- Groups with 5 to 9 persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 2$ discount.
- Groups with 10 or more persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 3$ discount.
- Cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged half-price
- Reservations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged an extra 2$.
(e.g. Cancelling or booking for a Sunday’s event on Saturday will be subject to the above terms)
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
- Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
- Always follow the guide on the designated trail
- Do not go off road without notifying the guide
- Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
- Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
- Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS or WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.
- “Sports Experts” is the exclusive sports gear and outfit sponsor of Vamos Todos. Members will get a special discount at all “Sports Experts” branches in Lebanon
- “LIA insurance” is the exclusive insurance company sponsor of Vamos Todos.
Reserve for this Event
Back to all the Events