07 Mar 2021
Hiking and Tour - Deir El Qamar - Chouf District
During this trip, we will discover the charming village of Deir el Qamar through hiking and heritage tour.
The historical village of Deir el Qamar was the capital of Mount Lebanon from the 16th to 18th centuries, a regional palace for the Emirs and the first Lebanese village to have a municipality in 1864.
Originally, the site of a Roman temple, the village, classified as a protected area since 1945, is one of the few in Lebanon to have preserved its typical old appearance, with narrow and winding paved-alleys, red tile roofs and stone houses. It also highlights the religious Lebanese diversity, with a synagogue, a church and a mosque in its main public square.
After our breakfast stop, the bus will take us to the shrine of Deir el Qamar Cross ("Tallet el Salib") and the chapel of father Yaacoub on the hill offering a breathtaking 360 view.
In our hike, there will be one moderate level.
Level 5: we will start hiking from the Cross hill and the trail continues with little uphill to reach Kfarkatra (“Sheer Kfar Katra”) at an altitude of 1000 m. We will see fresh springs, splendid nature and old houses there. Then, a long and beautiful downhill follows with wonderful panorama views, leading to Maaser Beit El-Dine and the valley of Beit El-Dine, until we reach the huge Deir el Qamar Square in the center, formerly known as “Midane”. That is where we will meet for lunch. The trail is 8 km long of uphill and downhill.
After lunch, we will have a cultural and architectural tour in the central square with our local guide and visit the old synagogue, the miraculous church of Saydet el-Talleh, Fakhreddine mosque, Youssef Shehab Serail and the beautiful Silk Khan.
WHERE: Deir el Qamar
Mount Lebanon, Shouf district
900 m above sea level
38 km from Beirut
WHEN: Sunday, March 07
MEETING PLACE: 7:15 AM in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. (See map on:
There will be a breakfast stop along the way.
PRICE: 70’000 LL per person including transport, guides and insurance.
Kindly get the exact change to avoid transmitting germs.
Looking forward to see you! Until then stay safe.
DO NOT FORGET TO:
• Get your own light snack that will boost your stamina and keep you energetic.
• Equip yourself with your own water bottles a cap and sunscreen.
• Distancing from each other is a must, offering or sharing snacks are not encouraged. Keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
WHAT TO GET: Medical face masks, Handgel, lunch, light snacks that will boost up your energy such as dried fruits, water, cap, sunglasses and sunscreen. Wear comfortable shoes such as hiking shoes and always keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
- Children with the age of 10 and younger will have a discount of 20’000 LBP
- Children/ Teenagers between the age of 11 and 18 will have a discount of 15’000 LBP
- University students will have a discount of 10’000 LBP provided that they present their university card
- Groups with 5 to 9 persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 5’000 LBP discount
- Groups with 10 or more persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 10’000 LBP discount
- Cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged half-price
- Reservations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged an extra 5’000 LBP
(e.g. Cancelling or booking for a Sunday’s event on Saturday will be subject to the above terms)
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
- Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
- Always follow the guide on the designated trail
- Do not go off road without notifying the guide
- Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
- Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
- Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS or WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.
- “Sports Experts” is the exclusive sports gear and outfit sponsor of Vamos Todos. Members will get a special discount at all “Sports Experts” branches in Lebanon
- “LIA insurance” is the exclusive insurance company sponsor of Vamos Todos.
Reserve for this Event
Back to all the Events