27 Nov 2021
Hiking Trip - Niha Ferzol - Zahle District
The word ‘Niha’ means a place for rest. The village used to be Baalbeck Roman emperor’s summer place.
It is known for its citadels dated back to the Roman Empire, some even further back to the Byzantine and Phoenician era. The citadels are grand, with an importance as big as Baalbeck’s but on a smaller scale.
Before starting the hike, we will visit some villager’s home in Niha where homemade organic products such as kishk, pickles, syrups, vinegar. It is our mission to acquire such healthy products and support the villagers.
We will start our hike from Niha all together and visit the lower temple, which is well preserved.
From there we will be divided into two levels:
Level 6 will take an uphill trail to the cross at the top of the cliff. Wonderful views of the Bekaa Valley can be seen from up there. Then the trail will continue downwards towards Ferzol.
Level 4 will walk a bit uphill until they reach the upper temple, which is still upright but in very good condition. Then the trail becomes downhill all the way to Ferzol.
In Ferzol, we will go to Al-Habis to see ancient ruins and caves. These are ruins of a prehistoric empire that was carved into the mountain, famous for allegedly housing all the gold treasures of that empire. On the other side, we will see the king’s chair, wine presses, and many historical remnants from the Canaanite, Phoenician, and Roman era.
We will have lunch together, a special homemade Lebanese cuisine, in Ferzol, before heading back home.
WHERE: Niha - Ferzol
In the region of Bekaa
61 Km from Beirut
1300 meters above sea level.
WHEN: Saturday, November 27
MEETING PLACE: 7:00 AM in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. (See map on:
There will be a breakfast stop along the way.
PRICE: 380,000 LL per person including transport, guides, insurance lunch, and fortress entrance.
260,000 LL without lunch
Kindly get the exact change to avoid transmitting germs.
You can register now at all branches of Antoine Library or on the following link:
Looking forward to see you! Until then stay safe.
DO NOT FORGET TO:
• Get your own light snack that will boost your stamina and keep you energetic.
• Equip yourself with your own water bottles a cap and sunscreen.
• Distancing from each other is a must, offering or sharing snacks are not encouraged. Keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
WHAT TO GET: Medical face masks, Handgel, lunch, light snacks that will boost up your energy such as dried fruits, water, cap, sunglasses and sunscreen. Wear comfortable shoes such as hiking shoes and always keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
- Children with the age of 10 and younger will have a discount of 20’000 LBP
- Children/ Teenagers between the age of 11 and 18 will have a discount of 15’000 LBP
- University students will have a discount of 10’000 LBP provided that they present their university card
- Groups with 5 to 9 persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 5’000 LBP discount
- Groups with 10 or more persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 10’000 LBP discount
- Cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged half-price
- Reservations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged an extra 5’000 LBP
(e.g. Cancelling or booking for a Sunday’s event on Saturday will be subject to the above terms)
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
- Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
- Always follow the guide on the designated trail
- Do not go off road without notifying the guide
- Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
- Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
- Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS or WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.
- “Sports Experts” is the exclusive sports gear and outfit sponsor of Vamos Todos. Members will get a special discount at all “Sports Experts” branches in Lebanon
- “LIA insurance” is the exclusive insurance company sponsor of Vamos Todos.
Reserve for this Event
Back to all the Events