28 Mar 2020
Hiking Trip - Ain Zebde - West Bekaa
Ain Zebde, one of the most beautiful villages in Lebanon, where one can witness the huge variety of nature components that our country, and specifically the Bekaa valley can offer.
Standing on the foothills of al Barouk Mountains, Ain Zebde is one of the highest villages of West Bekaa. It is surrounded by Kherbet Kanafar to the north and Saghbine to the south.
The village’s name refers to the abundance of water sources surrounding it which are the main source of the Litani River. During the hike you will notice that the sound of water will accompany you for the whole journey.
Ain Zebde is ample in fruits & vegetables namely walnuts, apples, peach and other crops production especially onions and small red potatoes, the reason why elderlies of the village claim that the village used to be known as “Beit al Halal”.
The village’s traditional food is “Kebbet Batata” or “Potato Kebbe” stuffed with Kawarma and Labne and grilled on charcoal. We will have the chance to taste this delicious specialty during our journey.
Our hike will be one level:
LEVEL 5 (13 km) we will start from the village and go through an alley that leads to the “Machrah” area which is considered the main source of water for the village. They will then continue upwards to reach a panoramic view overlooking the whole Bekaa area from Zahle to Jabal el Sheikh or Hermon Summit.
Then we will hike upwards to reach the northern frontiers of the village from Kherbet Kanafar side where they will hateau Kanafar winery’s vineyard. We will pass by many very old oak trees and then go down to the plain side of the village to see one of the most beautiful water source next to an old abandoned mill.
At the end, we will have lunch in a local restaurant surrounded by water sources and springs.
On our way back we will pass by a very old oak tree in Kherbet Kanafar
WHERE: Ain Zebde
In the region of Bekaa
80 Km from Beirut
950 meters above sea level.
WHEN: Saturday, March 28
MEETING PLACE: 7:30 AM in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. (See map on:
There will be a breakfast stop along the way.
PRICE: 90,000 LL per person including transport, guides, insurance and lunch.
60,000 LL without lunch (Please get the exact change to facilitate the registration process).
WHAT TO GET: Light snacks that will boost up your energy such as dried fruits, water, cap, sunglasses and sunscreen. Wear comfortable shoes such as hiking shoes and always keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
- Children with the age of 10 and younger will have a discount of 25’000 LBP
- Children/ Teenagers between the age of 11 and 18 will have a discount of 20’000 LBP
- University students will have a discount of 15’000 LBP provided that they present their university card
- Groups with 5 to 9 persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 5’000 LBP discount
- Groups with 10 or more persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 10’000 LBP discount
- Cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged half-price
- Reservations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged an extra 5’000 LBP
(e.g. Cancelling or booking for a Sunday’s event on Saturday will be subject to the above terms)
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
- Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
- Always follow the guide on the designated trail
- Do not go off road without notifying the guide
- Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
- Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
- Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS or WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.
- “Sports Experts” is the exclusive sports gear and outfit sponsor of Vamos Todos. Members will get a special discount at all “Sports Experts” branches in Lebanon.
- “LIA insurance” is the exclusive insurance company sponsor of Vamos Todos.
Reserve for this Event
Back to all the Events