17 Oct 2021
Sunset Hike - Hamat Sunset Hike - Batroun District
The sunset will be beautiful and bright, and in its soft light we are going to hike on this day. We will start from Hamat and end at the coast.
We will start the hike by a visit to Deir Saidet el Nourieh in Hamat. A walk to the sanctuary located on the steep cliff overlooking the sea is a must to see.
Then we will continue on foot along a partially asphalted road with rarely any traffic until we reach the bifurcation leading the Deir Saidet el Horshieh. A narrow street, partially asphalted but among many trees, will take you to Saidet El Horshieh where you will be able to contemplate an awesome view of the sea beneath. Stony steps take you down to the shore, where you will walk among old salt refineries. Enjoy the fresh breeze of the sea and an unforgettable stroll along the shore.
The end of the sunset will be a cozy get-together. We will all spend memorable moments in a nice area by the shore. We will eat a delicious fish dinner; caught and prepared by local fishermen, before going back to Beirut.
In the region of Batroun
60Km from Beirut
WHEN: Sunday, October 17
MEETING PLACE: 2:00 PM in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. (See map on:
PRICE: 360’000 LL per person including transport, guides, dinner and insurance.
240,000 LL per person without dinner
Kindly get the exact change to avoid transmitting germs.
You can register now at all branches of Antoine Library or on the following link:
Looking forward to see you! Until then stay safe.
DO NOT FORGET TO:
• Get your own light snack that will boost your stamina and keep you energetic.
• Equip yourself with your own water bottles.
• Distancing from each other is a must, offering or sharing snacks are not encouraged. Keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
WHAT TO GET: Medical face masks, Handgel a light snack that will boost up your energy such as dried fruits and water. You must wear hiking shoes or comfortable walking shoes. Get a light jacket since it gets cold during the last hours of the day and at night. Don’t forget to get a flashlight.
- Children with the age of 10 and younger will have a discount of 20’000 LBP
- Children/ Teenagers between the age of 11 and 18 will have a discount of 15’000 LBP
- University students will have a discount of 10’000 LBP provided that they present their university card
- Groups with 5 to 9 persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 5’000 LBP discount
- Groups with 10 or more persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 10’000 LBP discount
- Cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged half-price
- Reservations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged an extra 5’000 LBP
(e.g. Cancelling or booking for a Sunday’s event on Saturday will be subject to the above terms)
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
- Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
- Always follow the guide on the designated trail
- Do not go off road without notifying the guide
- Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
- Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
- Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS or WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.
- “Sports Experts” is the exclusive sports gear and outfit sponsor of Vamos Todos. Members will get a special discount at all “Sports Experts” branches in Lebanon
- “LIA insurance” is the exclusive insurance company sponsor of Vamos Todos.
Reserve for this Event
Back to all the Events