20 Mar 2021
Snowshoeing - Qanat Bakish Snowshoeing - Maten District
Qanat Bakish is a scenic landscape, rich in panoramic views located on Mount Sannine near Faqra.
Views are breathtaking especially when covered with snow. We will enjoy a walk on the white peaks of our beautiful country and feel the breeze around beautiful landscape.
Our track leads to a beautiful barely known cedar forest, where views are awesome!
As usual, there will be two levels of difficulty.
The easy level will have an undemanding walk, with very light ascents and descents. It is ideal for picture taking. It will be a great snowshoeing session and a lovely day with the group.
The harder level is a moderate walk with long ascents, but not steep ones. This level is strictly for advanced walkers.
Both levels will get to see the largest illuminated cross in the world located in Bakish. It is a 73.8m tall and 37m wide and was called “The Cross of all Nations”.
It is equipped with two elevators that allow up to 300 visitors to access a platform located at its vertical beam. It is lit by 1800 spotlights. It was inaugurated on September 13, 2010.
Both levels will then meet for lunch at a scenic spot in the snow.
WHERE: Qanat Bakish
1900m above sea level
48 km from Beirut
WHEN: Saturday, March 20
MEETING PLACE: 7:15 AM in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. (See map on:
) There will be a breakfast stop along the way.
PRICE: 90,000 LL per person including transport, snowshoes, guides and insurance.
Kindly get the exact change to avoid transmitting germs.
Looking forward to see you! Until then stay safe.
DO NOT FORGET TO:
• Get your own light snack that will boost your stamina and keep you energetic.
• Equip yourself with your own water bottles a cap and sunscreen.
• Distancing from each other is a must, offering or sharing snacks are not encouraged. Keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
WHAT TO GET: Medical face masks, Handgel, Snowsuit (or any waterproof clothing), waterproof boots (preferably after-ski boots), or get thick nylon bags to cover your walking shoes, wool socks (and an extra pair for changing, hat and gloves, lunch, light snacks that will boost up your energy such as dried fruits, water, sunglasses and sunscreen.
- Children with the age of 10 and younger will have a discount of 15’000 LBP
- Children/ Teenagers between the age of 11 and 18 will have a discount of 10’000 LBP
- University students will have a discount of 10’000 LBP provided that they present their university card
- Groups with 5 to 9 persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 5’000 LBP discount
- Groups with 10 or more persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 10’000 LBP discount
- Cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged half-price
- Reservations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged an extra 5’000 LBP
(e.g. Cancelling or booking for a Sunday’s event on Saturday will be subject to the above terms)
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
- Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
- Always follow the guide on the designated trail
- Do not go off road without notifying the guide
- Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
- Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
- Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS or WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.
- “Sports Experts” is the exclusive sports gear and outfit sponsor of Vamos Todos. Members will get a special discount at all “Sports Experts” branches in Lebanon.
- “LIA insurance” is the exclusive insurance company sponsor of Vamos Todos.
Reserve for this Event
Back to all the Events