26 Mar 2023
Snowshoeing - Tannourine Cedars Snowshoeing - Batroun District
The Tannourine Cedars Forest Nature Reserve protects one of the largest and densest cedar forests in Lebanon.
Ninety percent of the trees in the forest are cedars. The stunning mountainous landscape, with cedars seemingly defying gravity and growing on extremely vertical slopes, is impressive.
The Tannourine Cedars Forest Nature Reserve overpowers us with its beauty, especially in winter.
Warm yourself up with the appropriate outfit and footgear and spend with us a memorable day on the snow among beautiful trees and with excellent company.
As usual, there will be two levels of difficulty.
Level 3 - will have a moderate walk, with few ascents and descents and will have various stops for picture taking and resting.
Level 6 – will be mainly for exercising. The path will be mostly uphill, with few stops. You have to be fit for this kind of experience.
90 km from Beirut
2000 m above sea level
WHEN: Sunday, March 26
MEETING PLACE: 7:30 AM in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. (See map on:
) There will be a breakfast stop along the way.
PRICE: 35$ per person including transport, snowshoes, guides, reserve entrance and insurance.
Kindly get the exact change.
You can register now at all branches of Antoine Library or on the following link:
WHAT TO GET: Snowsuit (or any waterproof clothing), waterproof boots (preferably after-ski boots), or get thick nylon bags to cover your walking shoes, wool socks (and an extra pair for changing, hat and gloves, lunch, light snacks that will boost up your energy such as dried fruits, water, sunglasses and sunscreen.
- Children with the age of 10 and younger will have a discount of 5$.
- Children/ Teenagers between the age of 11 and 18 will have a discount of 4$.
- University students will have a discount of 3$ provided that they present their university card.
- Groups with 5 to 9 persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 2$ discount.
- Groups with 10 or more persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 3$ discount.
- Cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged half-price.
- Reservations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged an extra 2$.
(e.g. Cancelling or booking for a Sunday’s event on Saturday will be subject to the above terms).
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
- Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
- Always follow the guide on the designated trail
- Do not go off road without notifying the guide
- Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
- Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
- Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS or WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.
- “Sports Experts” is the exclusive sports gear and outfit sponsor of Vamos Todos. Members will get a special discount at all “Sports Experts” branches in Lebanon.
- “LIA insurance” is the exclusive insurance company sponsor of Vamos Todos.
Reserve for this Event
Back to all the Events