17 Feb 2019
Snowshoeing - Sannine Snowshoeing - Maten District
We are lucky to have various mountains ideal for snowshoeing. Each mountain offers different views and has unique characteristics. No snowshoeing event is like the other.
The Sannine Mountain geographically lies in the center of Lebanon. Sannine peaks are very prominent in the skyline of Lebanon. The highest point is at 2628 m above sea level. Our walk will be at an altitude of 1800 m.
At the bottom, there are countless abundant water sources. It is only 40 km away from Beirut.
It is a perfect place for snowshoeing, where you will enjoy fresh air and breathtaking views of the whole region.
The group will be divided into two levels:
The hard level will have a tough uphill walk, with few stops for picture taking and rest.
The easier level will have minimal ascents and descents. The walk will not be a demanding one, permitting ample time for rest and photo sessions.
As usual, both levels will meet for lunch somewhere in nature. Just enjoy the peace and quiet of snow-covered hills while you rest and eat.
Besides snowshoeing, you will have an interesting stop.
You will visit the house of the renowned Michael Neaime and see the huge sculpture of his portrait.
1800m above sea level
55km from Beirut
WHEN: Sunday, Feb 17
MEETING PLACE: 7:30 AM in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. (See map on:
) There will be a breakfast stop along the way.
PRICE: 70,000 LL per person including transport, snowshoes, guides and insurance. (Please get the exact change to facilitate the registration process).
WHAT TO GET: Snowsuit (or any waterproof clothing), waterproof boots (preferably after-ski boots), or get thick nylon bags to cover your walking shoes, wool socks (and an extra pair for changing, hat and gloves, lunch, light snacks that will boost up your energy such as dried fruits, water, sunglasses and sunscreen.
- Children with the age of 10 and younger will have a discount of 15’000 LBP
- Children/ Teenagers between the age of 11 and 18 will have a discount of 10’000 LBP
- University students will have a discounts of 10’000 LBP provided that they present their university card
- Groups with 5 to 9 persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 5’000 LBP discount
- Groups with 10 or more persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 10’000 LBP discount
- Cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged half-price
- Reservations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged an extra 5’000 LBP
(e.g. Cancelling or booking for a Sunday’s event on Saturday will be subject to the above terms)
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
- Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
- Always follow the guide on the designated trail
- Do not go off road without notifying the guide
- Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
- Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
- Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS or WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.
- “Sports Experts” is the exclusive sports gear and outfit sponsor of Vamos Todos. Members will get a special discount at all “Sports Experts” branches in Lebanon
- “Antaki Group” is the exclusive “Fujifilm” cameras & devices sponsor of Vamos Todos.
- “LIA insurance” is the exclusive insurance company sponsor of Vamos Todos.
Reserve for this Event
Back to all the Events