13 Oct 2018
Hiking Trip - Mayfouk - Jbeil District
Mayfouk is a Lebanese village in Byblos (Jbeil) district, Mount Lebanon located at 60 Km from Beirut, with altitudes varying from 800m to 1100m. It was the second Maronite Patriarchal location in Lebanon.
Mayfouk is known as the village of honey, where a yearly honey festival is organized every summer. You will have the chance to buy some high quality honey, our exceptional hike.
Hiking in this village has a unique touch as it is rich in historical monuments, wonderful views, and naturally diversified trails.
Our hike will be divided into two levels, which will both start together from Deir Saidet Mayfouk (1746 AD) where we will see the oldest icon in Lebanon, Our Lady of Elige. It is essential to see such a rare icon since in the Maronite liturgy, icons are not very familiar.
We will then go to St.Charbel “the hermit” Chapel cave, located in a mountain overlooking a beautiful area.
After that, we will head to a very old abandoned church of Mar Saba located between two huge, very old oak trees.
The group will then be divided
Level 3 will take an easy path while level 6 will hike along a harder one until they meet at the historical monastery of Mar Geryes.
Once again, we will hike all together heading towards an authentic water source, where we will have lunch, drink fresh water and enjoy amazing views.
After lunch, we will head to Kattara to visit Deir Mar Challita (1848 AD).
Level 3 will have ample time to visit, then will take the bus to the old monastery of Our Lady of Elige (1120 AD) one of the most ancient monasteries in Lebanon.
Saint Charbel Makhlouf spent nearly a year there. You will be amazed by the fine architecture of the arcades, the colonnades and the barrel vaulting.
Level 6 will go on foot to Ram, and from there head to the monastery of Our Lady of Elige.
In Byblos district
800 / 1100 m above sea level
60 km from Beirut
WHEN: Saturday, Oct 13
MEETING PLACE: 7:30 AM in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. (See map on: https://www.vamos-todos.com/Pages/ParkingMap.aspx)
There will be a breakfast stop along the way.
PRICE: 60,000 LL without lunch
90,000 LL with lunch
per person including transport, guides and insurance.
(Please get the exact change to facilitate the registration process).
- Children with the age of 10 and younger will have a discount of 25’000 LBP
- Children/ Teenagers between the age of 11 and 18 will have a discount of 20’000 LBP
- University students will have a discounts of 15’000 LBP provided that they present their university card
- Groups with 5 to 9 persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 5’000 LBP discount
- Groups with 10 or more persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 10’000 LBP discount
- Cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged half-price
- Reservations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged an extra 5’000 LBP
(e.g. Cancelling or booking for a Sunday’s event on Saturday will be subject to the above terms)
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
- Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
- Always follow the guide on the designated trail
- Do not go off road without notifying the guide
- Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
- Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
- Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS or WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.
- “Sports Experts” is the exclusive sports gear and outfit sponsor of Vamos Todos. Members will get a special discount at all “Sports Experts” branches in Lebanon
- “Antaki Group” is the exclusive “Fujifilm” cameras & devices sponsor of Vamos Todos.
- “LIA insurance” is the exclusive insurance company sponsor of Vamos Todos.
Reserve for this Event