19 Jan 2019
Hiking Trip - Annaya - Lehfed - Annaya
From Annaya to Lehfed, the trail is blessed. You will start the hike by visiting St. Charbel, and end it in a visit to the hometown of Blessed Estephan Nehme.
Annaya lies to the west of Ehmej and the south of Meshmesh.
Annaya in a Syriac dialect means “a hymn singer” or “a group of worshippers or hermits”. In the past, it was one of the farms of Jbeil. Its name was transformed to a monastery after the monks had bought land in that area where they constructed a monastery. The construction of the first part of the monastery was completed in 1828, which was the year of St Charbel’s birth.
You will have enough time to visit the monastery before starting the hike.
“Lehfed” is an Aramaic word that means “The flat land”. In Lehfed, ruins witness the previous presence of Phoenicians, Byzantines, Syriac and Christians.
Lehfed is the birthplace of Blessed Brother Estephan Nehme. You will get the chance to visit the home where he was raised and learn about this priest who is on his way to sainthood.
The hike will be divided into two levels.
LEVEL 3 (6 km) and LEVEL 6 (13 km) will start together from Annaya. After visiting St. Charbel and the monastery. You will hike along a diversified trail, parts on dirt roads, parts in bushes and parts overlooking wonderful views of the region. The first section is mainly flat and downhill. LEVEL 3 will stop somewhere along the way and take the bus to Lehfed, whereas LEVEL 6 will continue hiking in bushy paths with some uphill stretches until they reach Lehfed.
After visiting the birthplace of Brother Estephan Nehme, we will rest and have lunch among the trees.
WHERE: Annaya - Lehfed
54 km from Beirut
1200 m above sea level
WHEN: Saturday, January 19
MEETING PLACE: 7:30 AM in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. (See map on:
There will be a breakfast stop along the way.
PRICE: 55’000 LL per person including transport, guides and insurance. (Please get the exact change to facilitate the registration process).
WHAT TO GET: Lunch, light snacks that will boost up your energy such as dried fruits, water, cap, sunglasses and sunscreen. Wear comfortable shoes such as hiking shoes and always keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
- Children with the age of 10 and younger will have a discount of 20’000 LBP
- Children/ Teenagers between the age of 11 and 18 will have a discount of 15’000 LBP
- University students will have a discount of 10’000 LBP provided that they present their university card
- Groups with 5 to 9 persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 5’000 LBP discount
- Groups with 10 or more persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 10’000 LBP discount
- Cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged half-price
- Reservations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged an extra 5’000 LBP
(e.g. Cancelling or booking for a Sunday’s event on Saturday will be subject to the above terms)
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
- Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
- Always follow the guide on the designated trail
- Do not go off road without notifying the guide
- Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
- Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
- Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS or WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.
- “Sports Experts” is the exclusive sports gear and outfit sponsor of Vamos Todos. Members will get a special discount at all “Sports Experts” branches in Lebanon
- “Antaki Group” is the exclusive “Fujifilm” cameras & devices sponsor of Vamos Todos.
- “LIA insurance” is the exclusive insurance company sponsor of Vamos Todos.
Reserve for this Event
Back to all the Events