13 Jan 2019
Snowshoeing - Arz Al Rab Snowshoeing - Becharreh District
Arz el Rabb is one of the most beautiful sites in Lebanon. It was nominated, along with the cave of Jeita, to become one of the Seven Wonders of the World.
The cedar forests of Lebanon are the oldest documented forests in history. There are 31 cedar forests in Lebanon, most significantly the forest of the Cedars of God in Bcharre. It is an ancient grove of cedars, the oldest in Lebanon. It makes a beautiful site, especially in winter, when snow covers it all and gives it a feeling of peace and calmness.
We will also see the amazing sculptures of Rudy Rahmeh, adding beauty to this historical forest.
The walk will be two levels; level 3 and level 6. Both levels will walk in the reserve and enjoy the peaceful sight of snow-covered cedar trees.
Level 3 will not have ascents and descents and the walk will be enjoyable, giving enough time for picture taking and rest.
Level 6 is more demanding. The track will require physical endurance since it will include uphill stretches as well as downhill ones. Resting time is minimal.
We will then meet all together for lunch in a beautiful spot under the cedar trees. Please bring your lunch with you.
WHERE: Arz Bcharre
100 km from Beirut
2100 m above sea level
WHEN: Sunday, Jan 13
MEETING PLACE: 7:30 AM in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. (See map on:
) There will be a breakfast stop along the way.
PRICE: 75,000 LL per person including transport, snowshoes, guides and insurance. (Please get the exact change to facilitate the registration process).
WHAT TO GET: Snowsuit (or any waterproof clothing), waterproof boots (preferably after-ski boots), or get thick nylon bags to cover your walking shoes, wool socks (and an extra pair for changing, hat and gloves, lunch, light snacks that will boost up your energy such as dried fruits, water, sunglasses and sunscreen.
- Children with the age of 10 and younger will have a discount of 15’000 LBP
- Children/ Teenagers between the age of 11 and 18 will have a discount of 10’000 LBP
- University students will have a discounts of 10’000 LBP provided that they present their university card
- Groups with 5 to 9 persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 5’000 LBP discount
- Groups with 10 or more persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 10’000 LBP discount
- Cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged half-price
- Reservations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged an extra 5’000 LBP
(e.g. Cancelling or booking for a Sunday’s event on Saturday will be subject to the above terms)
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
- Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
- Always follow the guide on the designated trail
- Do not go off road without notifying the guide
- Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
- Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
- Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS or WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.
- “Sports Experts” is the exclusive sports gear and outfit sponsor of Vamos Todos. Members will get a special discount at all “Sports Experts” branches in Lebanon
- “Antaki Group” is the exclusive “Fujifilm” cameras & devices sponsor of Vamos Todos.
- “LIA insurance” is the exclusive insurance company sponsor of Vamos Todos.
Reserve for this Event
Back to all the Events