13 Mar 2021
Clean-Up - Tyre Coast Clean-Up Part 1! - Tyre District
CLEAN-UP THE COAST OF TYRE!
As you all know by now, about a week ago, tons of the sticky black substance were thrown onto the beaches of the occupied Palestine, after leaking from an oil tanker off the occupied land.
Within days, the spill spread to southern Lebanon, where clumps of tar contaminated our beach from Naqoura to the City of Tyre.
As an ecotourism NGO, and since we are working on the project of “Bahr Bala Plastic” in Tyre, we cannot stay still. We need your help to clean Tyre Coast which is a Ramsar site; it is the largest sandy beach in Lebanon with the wildest biodiversity, which made it a perfect destination for sea turtles to lay their eggs in summer.
In addition to the actual oil pollution, there are countless of plastic bottles and bags thrown at the coast. Plastic pollution and oil pollution constitute a big danger to the beach/reserve right now and threaten green sea turtles suffering from entanglement and ingestion of marine litter.
Let’s all show some patriotism!
Vamos Todos is collaborating with the municipality of Tyre and Tyre Coast Nature Reserve (a special thanks to Dr. Nahed Msayleb) in order to realise this clean-up event.
Each participant will be provided with gloves, bags and all the materials needed to clean and collect waste from the sandy beach at Tyre coast (mainly in the nature reserve area).
After our clean-up, we will have a nice tour in the old streets of Tyre.
We are looking forward to see Vamos Todos members participate in this campaign.
The event is free of charge and places are limited so please confirm Asap.
This event is in the framework of the Lebanese civil society combating for a plastic free Mediterranean Sea, funded by the European Union and implemented by the Lebanese Environment Forum and Lebanon Eco Movement under the name of Bahr Bala Plastic, which aims at raising awareness, advocating and supporting small innovative projects implemented by non-governmental organizations and startups to tackle land and sea-based sources of plastic pollution.
WHERE: The coast of Tyre
83 km from Beirut
WHEN: Saturday, March 13
MEETING PLACE: 7:15 AM in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. (See map on:
There will be a breakfast stop along the way.
PRICE: Free of charge, including transport, guides, equipment and insurance.
Looking forward to see you! Until then stay safe.
DO NOT FORGET TO:
• Get your own light snack that will boost your stamina and keep you energetic.
• Equip yourself with your own water bottles a cap and sunscreen.
• Distancing from each other is a must, offering or sharing snacks are not encouraged. Keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
WHAT TO GET: Medical face masks, Handgel, lunch, light snacks that will boost up your energy such as dried fruits, water, cap, sunglasses and sunscreen. Wear comfortable shoes such as hiking shoes and always keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
- Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
- Always follow the guide on the designated trail
- Do not go off road without notifying the guide
- Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
- Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
- Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS or WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.
- “Sports Experts” is the exclusive sports gear and outfit sponsor of Vamos Todos. Members will get a special discount at all “Sports Experts” branches in Lebanon
- “LIA insurance” is the exclusive insurance company sponsor of Vamos Todos.
Reserve for this Event
Back to all the Events