24 Oct 2020
Hiking Trip - Al Dimane - Annoubine
Qadisha Valley lies within the Becharre and Zgharta Districts of the North Governate of Lebanon.
This Holy valley is a deep gorge carved by Qadisha River, also known as Nahr Abu Ali once reaches Tripoli.
Qadisha means "Holy" in Aramaic, and the valley, sometimes called the Holy Valley, has sheltered Christian monastic communities for many centuries.
Filled with caves and rock shelters inhabited from the third millennium B.C. to the Roman period, the valley is scattered with cave chapels, hermitages and monasteries cut from rock.
The whole valley with its cave churches is inscribed in the UNESCO World Heritage List.
There are around 13 different trails in this holy valley.
We will visit Deir Saidet Annoubine, St. Marina, Deir Mar Licha passing through Dimane, depending on the level of the hike.
The hike will be divided into two levels:
Level 2 & 3 will start their walk at the Mar Lichaa Entrance and follow a 3 kilometers path, until they reach the Lady of Annoubine Monastery. There, they will have some rest and then return to the bus either on foot, or in a shuttle dedicated for pilgrims inside the valley
LEVEL 6 will start from Dimane, the summer place of the Maronite Patriarch, the head to Annoubine village, and visit Deir Saidet Annoubine and St. Marina. You will meet the others by the river for lunch in a lovely natural setting that you won’t get enough of. Please bring your lunch with you.
After lunch, you will continue to Mar Licha.
In the region of Bcharreh
1300 m above sea level.
80 Km from Beirut
WHEN: Saturday, October 24
MEETING PLACE: 7:30 AM in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. (See map on:
There will be a breakfast stop along the way.
PRICE: 65’000 LL per person including transport, guides and insurance.
Kindly get the exact change to avoid transmitting germs.
Looking forward to see you! Until then stay safe.
DO NOT FORGET TO:
• Get your own light snack that will boost your stamina and keep you energetic.
• Equip yourself with your own water bottles a cap and sunscreen.
• Distancing from each other is a must, offering or sharing snacks are not encouraged. Keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
WHAT TO GET: Medical face masks, Handgel, lunch, light snacks that will boost up your energy such as dried fruits, water, cap, sunglasses and sunscreen. Wear comfortable shoes such as hiking shoes and always keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
- Children with the age of 10 and younger will have a discount of 20’000 LBP
- Children/ Teenagers between the age of 11 and 18 will have a discount of 15’000 LBP
- University students will have a discounts of 10’000 LBP provided that they present their university card
- Groups with 5 to 9 persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 5’000 LBP discount
- Groups with 10 or more persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 10’000 LBP discount
- Cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged half-price
- Reservations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged an extra 5’000 LBP
(e.g. Cancelling or booking for a Sunday’s event on Saturday will be subject to the above terms)
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
- Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
- Always follow the guide on the designated trail
- Do not go off road without notifying the guide
- Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
- Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
- Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS or WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.
- “Sports Experts” is the exclusive sports gear and outfit sponsor of Vamos Todos. Members will get a special discount at all “Sports Experts” branches in Lebanon
- “LIA insurance” is the exclusive insurance company sponsor of Vamos Todos.
Reserve for this Event
Back to all the Events