16 Dec 2018
Hiking Trip - Majd Maouch Rechmaya - Chouf & Aley District
We are going on an amazingly picturesque hike starting from Al Bireh and reaching Wadi Rechmaya.
We will hike along the cliffs to reach Majd el Maouch, then continue to Rechmaya. We will end our hike in Wadi Rechmaya.
The views are breathtaking. We will get to see the cedar reserve of Chouf, the bridge of Dahr el Baidar, the mountains of Sannine and Kneiseh.
We will also visit Mar Maroun Monastry in Majd Le Maouch, a rock-cut structure in three levels. It is said to be the temporary refuge of the successors of Saint Maroun, founder of the Maronite.
Our hike will be divided into three levels.
LEVEL 2 & 4: Will take the bus to the peak of the mountain where we will enjoy the amazing view overlooking the area where the biggest statue of Jesus in the Middle East is being built.
We will then continue to Majdal Lemouch where we will walk between the old trails until we reach Mar Maroon monastery. Level 2 will take the bus from there to join both other levels for lunch by the river. Level 4 will continue to reach Wadi Rachmaya where they will be joining level 2 and 6.
LEVEL 6: Will start from the beginning of the village of Bireh and hike to the peak of the mountain then will take the same trail as level 4.
WHERE: Al-Bireh Majd Maouch
Chouf – Mount Lebanon
40 km from Beirut
1000 m above sea level
WHEN: Sunday, Dec 16
MEETING PLACE: 7:30 AM in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. (See map on: https://www.vamos-todos.com/Pages/ParkingMap.aspx)
There will be a breakfast stop along the way.
PRICE: 55,000 LL per person including transport, guides and insurance. (Please get the exact change to facilitate the registration process).
WHAT TO GET: Lunch, light snacks that will boost up your energy such as dried fruits, water, cap, sunglasses and sunscreen. Wear comfortable shoes such as hiking shoes and always keep a windproof jacket in your backpack
- Children with the age of 10 and younger will have a discount of 20’000 LBP
- Children/ Teenagers between the age of 11 and 18 will have a discount of 15’000 LBP
- University students will have a discounts of 10’000 LBP provided that they present their university card
- Groups with 5 to 9 persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 5’000 LBP discount
- Groups with 10 or more persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 10’000 LBP discount
- Cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged half-price
- Reservations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged an extra 5’000 LBP
(e.g. Cancelling or booking for a Sunday’s event on Saturday will be subject to the above terms)
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
- Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
- Always follow the guide on the designated trail
- Do not go off road without notifying the guide
- Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
- Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
- Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS or WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.
- “Sports Experts” is the exclusive sports gear and outfit sponsor of Vamos Todos. Members will get a special discount at all “Sports Experts” branches in Lebanon
- “Antaki Group” is the exclusive “Fujifilm” cameras & devices sponsor of Vamos Todos.
- “LIA insurance” is the exclusive insurance company sponsor of Vamos Todos.
Reserve for this Event
Back to all the Events