14 Feb 2019
Hiking Trip - Ayoun Samak - Doniyeh District
We are heading to “Ayoun el Samak” one of the most amazing, “unknown” places in Lebanon. Located on the shores of “Nahr el Bared”, the river that separates “Doniyeh” from “Akkar” casa, “Ayoun el Samak” offers endless breathtaking and picturesque views that will leave you in awe.
The name is inspired by the multiple water sources that nourish the river and creates with those masterpiece views.
The area was and still is a major attraction for many artist and singers that filmed their video clips in its beautiful surroundings.
It is really a hiking experience that is not to be missed. We have divided our hike into two levels:
Level 2 - will be an easy walk along the river bank where we will see a lot of trees all along the shores. We will have enough time to rest, contemplate the beautiful views and take pictures. The walk will lead you to the restaurant located on the foot of a fascinating waterfall. This is where you will rest and prepare for lunch until the other group joins.
Level 5 – will start on an uphill track that will lead you to the top of the mountain overlooking the whole area. We will then start descending towards Ayoun el Samak village reaching an amazing spot overlooking the whole lake and village. We will continue downward towards the river bank and do the same tour as the easy level next to the riverbank and then continue from the other side to reach the restaurant.
Both levels will meet for lunch in a very special local restaurant
WHERE: Ayoun el Samak
In the region of Akkar
95 Km from Beirut
WHEN: Thursday, Feb 14
MEETING PLACE: 7:30 AM in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. (See map on:
There will be a breakfast stop along the way.
PRICE: 85,000 LL per person including transport, guides, insurance and lunch. (Please get the exact change to facilitate the registration process).
WHAT TO GET: Light snacks that will boost up your energy such as dried fruits, water, cap, sunglasses and sunscreen. Wear comfortable shoes such as hiking shoes and always keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
- Children with the age of 10 and younger will have a discount of 25’000 LBP
- Children/ Teenagers between the age of 11 and 18 will have a discount of 20’000 LBP
- University students will have a discounts of 15’000 LBP provided that they present their university card
- Groups with 5 to 9 persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 5’000 LBP discount
- Groups with 10 or more persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 10’000 LBP discount
- Cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged half-price
- Reservations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged an extra 5’000 LBP
(e.g. Cancelling or booking for a Sunday’s event on Saturday will be subject to the above terms)
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
- Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
- Always follow the guide on the designated trail
- Do not go off road without notifying the guide
- Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
- Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
- Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS or WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.
- “Sports Experts” is the exclusive sports gear and outfit sponsor of Vamos Todos. Members will get a special discount at all “Sports Experts” branches in Lebanon
- “Antaki Group” is the exclusive “Fujifilm” cameras & devices sponsor of Vamos Todos.
- “LIA insurance” is the exclusive insurance company sponsor of Vamos Todos.
Reserve for this Event
Back to all the Events