04 Apr 2020
Hiking Trip - Tannoura - Ain Horcha - Ain Aata - West Bekaa
We are heading to the beautiful West Bekaa, specifically to Tannoura. We will start all together along a cliff overlooking breathtaking views of the area until we reach one of the most beautiful, well preserved historical temples in Lebanon located in Ain Horcha village.
Surprisingly, the temple, dating back to the second century, is still in good shape and is well maintained by the locals of the village. We will visit it thoroughly and have a full understanding of its most relevant values.
We will then be divided into two levels:
LEVEL 3 will take the bus to Ain Ata village, for lunch. We will have enough time to rest and take pictures.
LEVEL 6 will continue on foot to Ain Ata to meet with the other group. We will have minimal time for rest and photo sessions.
Lunch will be at the women’s association in Ain Ata where local women will prepare a traditional delicious lunch. You will have the chance to buy some homemade products and a variety of handwork items to encourage the local community to hang on to their village. As an ecotourism club, it is our duty to help sustain citizens living in such remote places to carry on.
We will then visit a grape press on our way back. We will learn how the production is carried out, and we’ll have the chance to buy fresh products straight from the source!
WHERE: Tannoura, Ain Horcha, Ain Ata
In the west bekaa
100km from Beirut
1200 m above sea level.
WHEN: Saturday, April 04
MEETING PLACE: 7:30 AM in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. (See map on:
There will be a breakfast stop along the way.
PRICE: 90,000 LL per person including transport, guides, insurance and lunch.
60,000 LL without lunch (Please get the exact change to facilitate the registration process).
WHAT TO GET: Light snacks that will boost up your energy such as dried fruits, water, cap, sunglasses and sunscreen. Wear comfortable shoes such as hiking shoes and always keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
- Children with the age of 10 and younger will have a discount of 25’000 LBP
- Children/ Teenagers between the age of 11 and 18 will have a discount of 20’000 LBP
- University students will have a discounts of 15’000 LBP provided that they present their university card
- Groups with 5 to 9 persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 5’000 LBP discount
- Groups with 10 or more persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 10’000 LBP discount
- Cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged half-price
- Reservations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged an extra 5’000 LBP
(e.g. Cancelling or booking for a Sunday’s event on Saturday will be subject to the above terms)
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
- Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
- Always follow the guide on the designated trail
- Do not go off road without notifying the guide
- Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
- Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
- Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS or WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.
- “Sports Experts” is the exclusive sports gear and outfit sponsor of Vamos Todos. Members will get a special discount at all “Sports Experts” branches in Lebanon.
- “LIA insurance” is the exclusive insurance company sponsor of Vamos Todos.
Reserve for this Event
Back to all the Events