23 Sep 2023
Hiking Trip - Jahlieh - Chouf District
Jahlieh is one of the stunning currently trending hiking locations, known for its lush vegetation and beautiful resting spots by the river. The local municipality did a commendable gesture by linking all of the beautiful trails, compounds, and resting spots by creating bridges and passageways.
It went along with this project and linked it to what is known as Darb El Heresh, a beautiful trail inside a prairie. You will see gorgeous landscapes by the waterside, as well as breathtaking waterfalls. You will also have the opportunity to meet the head of the Municipality of Jahlieh, who will give you an interesting brief about Jahlieh, its landscapes and beauty.
Furthermore, you will discover the Jahlieh prairie (Hersh El Jahlieh), and hopefully, we will organize several events in this incomparably beautiful region and visit surrounding villages.
In this event however, we will focus on discovering the Jahlieh village. We will walk on three trails: an EASY, a MODERATE, and a HARD level. We will begin our journey by meeting with the Head of Municipality, and from there, each group will start walking on the trail they chose.
The easy level will have some time to rest at a charming location, and then go back to the starting point. They will walk for almost 4.5 km.
The moderate level will take the trail within the prairie, then go back to the starting point, walking a total of 8 km. The hard level will walk for about 11 km, with uphill and downhill sections.
At the end of the hike, we will have the opportunity to eat local specialties from Chouf, prepared by local women.
We will all have lunch together before taking the bus and heading back to Beirut.
550 m above sea level
35 Km from Beirut.
WHEN: Saturday, September 23
MEETING PLACE: 7:30 AM in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. (See map on:
There will be a breakfast stop along the way.
PRICE: 45$ per person including transport, guides, reserve entrance, insurance and lunch.
30$ without lunch
Kindly get the exact change.
You can register now at all branches of Antoine Library or on the following link:
WHAT TO GET: Light snacks that will boost up your energy such as dried fruits, water, cap, sunglasses and sunscreen. Wear comfortable shoes such as hiking shoes and always keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
- Children with the age of 10 and younger will have a discount of 5$.
- Children/ Teenagers between the age of 11 and 18 will have a discount of 4$.
- University students will have a discount of 3$ provided that they present their university card.
- Groups with 5 to 9 persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 2$ discount.
- Groups with 10 or more persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 3$ discount.
- Cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged half-price.
- Reservations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged an extra 2$.
(e.g. Cancelling or booking for a Sunday’s event on Saturday will be subject to the above terms).
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
- Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
- Always follow the guide on the designated trail
- Do not go off road without notifying the guide
- Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
- Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
- Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS or WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.
- “Sports Experts” is the exclusive sports gear and outfit sponsor of Vamos Todos. Members will get a special discount at all “Sports Experts” branches in Lebanon
- “LIA insurance” is the exclusive insurance company sponsor of Vamos Todos.
Reserve for this Event
Back to all the Events