16 Mar 2019
Hiking Trip - Blawza Annoubine - Becharreh and Ehden District
One can never get enough of Annoubine, because it is such a beautiful region. This is why we always go visit it again. However, the trail that we will follow this time suits a big majority of people who would like to visit Annoubine. The trail comprises no uphill and its’ downhill is not very steep. Also, it is not a very long trail (only 9 KMs), with so many amazing views and landscapes).
We will have a Level 4 hike for everyone. We will start our walk in the village of Blawza, and pass by St. Marina Monastery, whose chapel now holds the tombs of eighteen patriarchs from the 15th to the 19th centuries. The chapel of St. Marina stands in the memory of a girl named Marina who entered Annoubine monastery disguised as a monk. (The whole story will be told during the hike).
After St. Marina’s Monastery, we will go see Deir Saidet Annoubine, which is one of the oldest Monasteries in Lebanon. The monastery was built in a rocky pit, most probably by Byzantine emperor Theodos the Great in 379 – 395. The walls of the church dedicated to the Virgin Mary are decorated with mural paintings dating back to the 16th and 17th centuries. The monastery was rehabilitated in 1990 and is now used by the Antonine Sisters who welcome pilgrims to spend the night.
Afterwards, we will see old houses along the way, before reaching a very beautiful village named Freidis. We will continue our walk to the village and have the possibility to buy local products (eggs, Labneh, cheese).
Lunch will take place in a nice location near the ruins of a very old house and on our way back, we will have a stop for some rest, before heading back to Beirut.
WHERE: Annoubine / Blawza
In the region of Bcharreh & Ehden
1200 m above sea level.
80 Km from Beirut
WHEN: Saturday, 16 March
MEETING PLACE: 7:30 AM in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. (See map on:
There will be a breakfast stop along the way.
PRICE: 55’000 LL per person including transport, guides and insurance. (Please get the exact change to facilitate the registration process).
WHAT TO GET: Lunch, light snacks that will boost up your energy such as dried fruits, water, cap, sunglasses and sunscreen. Wear comfortable shoes such as hiking shoes and always keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
- Children with the age of 10 and younger will have a discount of 20’000 LBP
- Children/ Teenagers between the age of 11 and 18 will have a discount of 15’000 LBP
- University students will have a discounts of 10’000 LBP provided that they present their university card
- Groups with 5 to 9 persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 5’000 LBP discount
- Groups with 10 or more persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 10’000 LBP discount
- Cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged half-price
- Reservations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged an extra 5’000 LBP
(e.g. Cancelling or booking for a Sunday’s event on Saturday will be subject to the above terms)
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
- Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
- Always follow the guide on the designated trail
- Do not go off road without notifying the guide
- Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
- Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
- Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS or WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.
- “Sports Experts” is the exclusive sports gear and outfit sponsor of Vamos Todos. Members will get a special discount at all “Sports Experts” branches in Lebanon
- “Antaki Group” is the exclusive “Fujifilm” cameras & devices sponsor of Vamos Todos.
- “LIA insurance” is the exclusive insurance company sponsor of Vamos Todos.
Reserve for this Event
Back to all the Events