10 Nov 2019
Hiking Trip - Ehden Hike - Zgharta District
Ehden forest (Horsh Ehden) is one of the most diversified ecosystems of Lebanon. This picturesque natural reserve reveals its beauty mostly in autumn, where colors are as diversified as the numerous kinds of trees!
Horsh Ehden Nature Reserve is rich in biodiversity where more than one thousand kind of trees and plants have been recorded, accounting for nearly 40% of the overall plant species in Lebanon. It is quite impressive that this number is recorded only inside the reserve which represents less than 0.1% of the total area of Lebanon.
Our hike will be inside and around the reserve. We will be divided into 3 levels:
LEVEL 3 will start near Nabaa Jouit, at the lowest entrance of the reserve. The hike breaks through a pine forest from which we will reach an area rich with a huge variety of rare trees such as the wild apple, different kinds of deciduous and evergreen oaks, as well as the sumptuous yellow-leafed maple trees.
Then the forest becomes mixed with conifers including the majestic cedar and fir which takes of this forest as its most southern limit. The trail ends up at about 1750m in the middle of the cedar forest. We will have all the time to take pictures, contemplate the view and enjoy the beautiful ambience.
LEVEL 5 will take the same trail as level 3; however, the hiking will be on a faster rhythm. We will continue to the top of the reserve to reach the hut of Btellaya (2000m). If fog is absent, we can enjoy a breathtaking view over the forest beneath, and discover the round shaped juniper trees watching over the forest.
LEVEL 6 This level will be done only if the weather is clear without any fog. The trail will take you to the peak of the mountain where you will be able to rest in Abou Yousef’s house. You will see the cave called “Beb el Hawa”. The path will continue to the top of the jurd and further away to Saidet el Hosn.
After the hike, we will have lunch altogether. It will be prepared by the local people of the area.
In the north
1450 meters above sea level.
WHEN: Sunday, November 10
MEETING PLACE: 7:30 AM in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. (See map on:
There will be a breakfast stop along the way.
PRICE: 90,000 LL per person including transport, guides, reserve, insurance and lunch.
60,000 LL without lunch (Please get the exact change to facilitate the registration process).
WHAT TO GET: Light snacks that will boost up your energy such as dried fruits, water, cap, sunglasses and sunscreen. Wear comfortable shoes such as hiking shoes and always keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
- Children with the age of 10 and younger will have a discount of 25’000 LBP
- Children/ Teenagers between the age of 11 and 18 will have a discount of 20’000 LBP
- University students will have a discount of 15’000 LBP provided that they present their university card
- Groups with 5 to 9 persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 5’000 LBP discount
- Groups with 10 or more persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 10’000 LBP discount
- Cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged half-price
- Reservations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged an extra 5’000 LBP
(e.g. Cancelling or booking for a Sunday’s event on Saturday will be subject to the above terms)
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
- Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
- Always follow the guide on the designated trail
- Do not go off road without notifying the guide
- Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
- Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
- Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS or WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.
- “Sports Experts” is the exclusive sports gear and outfit sponsor of Vamos Todos. Members will get a special discount at all “Sports Experts” branches in Lebanon.
- “LIA insurance” is the exclusive insurance company sponsor of Vamos Todos.
Reserve for this Event
Back to all the Events