25 Mar 2023
Hiking - Bqaa Safrine - Jabal Al Arba’in Hike - Doniyeh District
Jurd el Njas Cedar Forest - Bqaa Safrine – Jabal Al Arba’in
This truly beautiful region, located in the remote rural areas of Jurd El Dannieh, is relatively unfamiliar to hikers. In a bid to attract people to visit the wonders of that unique area, officials launched a touristic attraction park that includes a plane, the highest swing in the Middle East, a watch tower, and a lovely balcony. We will surely visit this outstanding location at the end of our hike. We will also roam in a beautiful cedar forest known as Jurd El Njas and enjoy the magnificent views it offers to visitors.
Bqaa Safrine is one of the most important summer villages in northern Lebanon, where thousands of tourists and vacationers come annually. It has an area of 100 km2. It is located at about 29 km from Tripoli and about 114 km from Beirut. This locality is surrounded by towns and regions like Syr, Arsoun, Daraia, Ehden, and Baalbek, and has vast tracts of hunting land, magnificent landscapes, fresh water, and a mild climate.
Jabal Al Arba’in is located in the northern Makmal mountain chain, and measures around 1400 meters above sea level. It is there that the highest swing in the Middle East was constructed.
Our hike will be one level moderate +. We will visit the cedar forest and walk for about 11 km. At the end of our walk, we will go have some rest at the touristic park, and those who want can have lunch there, enjoy the highest swing in Lebanon and some interesting sites before heading back to Beirut.
WHERE: Bqaa Safrine – Jabal Al Arba’in
1400 m altitude
115 km from Beirut
WHEN: Saturday, March 25
MEETING PLACE: 7:30 AM in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. (See map on:
There will be a breakfast stop along the way.
PRICE: 30$ per person including transport, guides, entrance to the site and insurance.
Kindly get the exact change.
You can register now at all branches of Antoine Library or on the following link:
Looking forward to see you!
WHAT TO GET: Lunch, light snacks that will boost up your energy such as dried fruits, water, cap, sunglasses and sunscreen. Wear comfortable shoes such as hiking shoes and always keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
- Children with the age of 10 and younger will have a discount of 4$.
- Children/ Teenagers between the age of 11 and 18 will have a discount of 3$.
- University students will have a discount of 2$ provided that they present their university card.
- Groups with 5 to 9 persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 2$ discount.
- Groups with 10 or more persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 3$ discount.
- Cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged half-price
- Reservations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged an extra 2$
(e.g. Cancelling or booking for a Sunday’s event on Saturday will be subject to the above terms)
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
- Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
- Always follow the guide on the designated trail
- Do not go off road without notifying the guide
- Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
- Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
- Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS or WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.
- “Sports Experts” is the exclusive sports gear and outfit sponsor of Vamos Todos. Members will get a special discount at all “Sports Experts” branches in Lebanon
- “LIA insurance” is the exclusive insurance company sponsor of Vamos Todos.
Reserve for this Event
Back to all the Events