27 Feb 2021
Snowshoeing - Laqlouq Snowshoeing - Jbeil District
Laqlouq is a winter and summer resort, situated on a plateau at an altitude between 1750m and 2000m. Laqlouq is encircled by jagged ridges and terraces bearing thousands of trees.
Laqlouq is known for its numerous water reservoirs. In winter, when it is covered with snow, you get the impression of seeing ice ponds everywhere. It is a naturally beautiful view, and a must to see.
As usual, snowshoeing offers us the unique experience of calm and serenity. We will discover Laqlouq’s beauty while walking on snow.
There will be two levels of difficulty.
Although both levels will be walking the same area, the harder level will take the steeper hills and the longer path to reach the top where a huge cross is located and views of the whole region can be seen.
Both levels will meet for lunch at a very picturesque spot. Please bring your lunch with you.
On the way back if time permits, we will stop in Annaya to visit the monastery of St. Charbel and have a short rest for coffee or tea.
In the region of Jurd Jbeil
60 km from Beirut
1750 m above sea level
WHEN: Saturday, February 27
MEETING PLACE: 7:15 AM in the parking of Sagesse School in Jdeideh, facing the public garden. (See map on:
) There will be a breakfast stop along the way.
PRICE: 90,000 LL per person including transport, snowshoes, guides and insurance.
Kindly get the exact change to avoid transmitting germs.
Looking forward to see you! Until then stay safe.
DO NOT FORGET TO:
• Get your own light snack that will boost your stamina and keep you energetic.
• Equip yourself with your own water bottles a cap and sunscreen.
• Distancing from each other is a must, offering or sharing snacks are not encouraged. Keep a windproof jacket in your backpack.
WHAT TO GET: Medical face masks, Handgel, Snowsuit (or any waterproof clothing), waterproof boots (preferably after-ski boots), or get thick nylon bags to cover your walking shoes, wool socks (and an extra pair for changing, hat and gloves, lunch, light snacks that will boost up your energy such as dried fruits, water, sunglasses and sunscreen.
- Children with the age of 10 and younger will have a discount of 15’000 LBP
- Children/ Teenagers between the age of 11 and 18 will have a discount of 10’000 LBP
- University students will have a discount of 10’000 LBP provided that they present their university card
- Groups with 5 to 9 persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 5’000 LBP discount
- Groups with 10 or more persons, with different criteria than the above, will get a 10’000 LBP discount
- Cancellation with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged half-price
- Reservations with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged an extra 5’000 LBP
(e.g. Cancelling or booking for a Sunday’s event on Saturday will be subject to the above terms)
ESSENTIAL ECOTOURISTIC RULES & REGULATIONS
- Smoking is strictly prohibited during the event
- Always follow the guide on the designated trail
- Do not go off road without notifying the guide
- Do not get close to a cliff especially when the guide in charge tells you not to do so
- Although accidents are covered by the insurance but they remain under the responsibility of the member
- Sometimes, due to reasons beyond our control, slight modifications to the program may occur. Ecotourism rules must be followed, otherwise personal accidents will not be accounted for by the insurance.
RESERVATION: Every day from 8am till 5pm on 03-917190 or 79-115001. It is preferable to send an SMS or WhatsApp from your mobile, giving your name, surname, and the event you wish to join.
- “Sports Experts” is the exclusive sports gear and outfit sponsor of Vamos Todos. Members will get a special discount at all “Sports Experts” branches in Lebanon.
- “LIA insurance” is the exclusive insurance company sponsor of Vamos Todos.
Reserve for this Event
Back to all the Events